A winter wedding isn’t everyone’s dream but at the Longhouse we have lots of reasons to love these weddings.
- We have a wonderful wood burning stove that not only looks the part but also heats the Longhouse so it is extra cosy and romantic in the winter months. With our highly insulated walls, triple glazed windows and under floor heating we can guarantee that you and your guests will be super snug.
- The Longhouse makes the most of the beautiful vistas and gardens that look gorgeous all year round with floor to ceiling glazing along the entirety of its south-facing side. These uninterrupted views of the Brue valley are breath-taking in any weather!
- For couples on a tight budget, a winter wedding is affordable with the hire cost of the venue being significantly less during winter months. With the savings made on the hire you can really splash out on the food and decorations to help make your day extra special!
- A Christmas wedding can be the best time of year to bring family and friends together, giving relatives that live further afield an additional incentive to come together over the festive season.
- At some venues a winter wedding can mean that you are stuck in one room for the entirety of the day; not so at the Longhouse! We have two characterful options for your wedding ceremony; the romantic Wine Cellar which seats 55-60 guests and the Longhouse which seats up to 140 with its panoramic views. Whichever licensed area you chose for your ceremony we work with you to ensure that your day flows seamlessly, maximising all the space that the Longhouse has to offer.
- It is easy to assume that the early onset of evening would limit your decoration options but there are some really wonderful lighting possibilities that come in to their own once the sun sets. Atmospheric lighting is easy to set up and delivers an instant ‘wow factor’ with the option to change colours/effects as the evening unfolds.
Winter weddings are striking and snug at the Longhouse so if you are thinking about doing something a little different why not give us a call to schedule a viewing and speak to us more about what you envisage for your wedding day.